A Door Closed

Although my blog is called "Door Wide Open" I discovered today that the doors that close are just as important.  I've been involved in a very stressful situation for about six months.  I was wronged.  Financially and physically and it's been wearing me thin.  I have had much advice by my well-meaning friends, to go for the throat and overthrow my offenders.  I chose not to.  It's been a struggle. The stress on my being over the past year in general has been horrific. To be able to close the door on this situation gives me room to breathe. 

You see, this morning, I was trying to pray. And life has just thrown me curve ball after curve ball and I can't even touch the ball much less knock it out of the park.  I told the Lord this morning that I just don't know how to pray.  What does it mean to "inquire of the Lord" as David did?  So I chose to pray Jesus' own words.  The Lord's prayer.  The way He taught His disciples to pray.  And the part where we forgive our debtors/tresspassors struck a note with me.  Even this one offensive party, Lord?  I want to do it because you told me to but it's so hard. I'm going to need help. And I CHOSE to forgive my debtor.  And a situation which felt like it was never going to end was resolved in a matter of hours.  After months of fighting and hurting and feeling devastated and defeated, by my CHOOSING to forgive, it is finished within a couple of hours.  And the door, closed.  Fini. The end. I am free.

I haven't been able to stop crying.  Its the floodgate of release.  The end of something I was holding onto.  The complete freedom in forgiving and letting God issue the closure.   Hallelujah.  I love it when He closes a door the same way He opens one.  I am on my way to healing.  I just had to REALLY release it HIS way, and be willing to let it go. 

I am amazed....

That we would all learn to forgive and move on....

Blessing to you in your journey to asking and receiving in His will.  It's so beautiful when it comes.

Comments