Ransomed

I've not posted for a REALLY long time.  Shame on me.  I let the worries and cares of this world take more precedent over the overcoming the worries and cares of this world.  But there's a really good ending to this story. 

Last June I lost my job.  I have been struggling financially to make ends meet and it has been a difficult time in my life, to say the least.  Sometimes this means selling things of great importance.  For me it almost meant selling one of my most prized possessions.....my guitar.  For those of you who know me, I would have surely died upon relinquishing it's music to another.  But I felt desperate.  Desperate. Ever felt that way?  Like there was no way out? Like you needed a hero to rescue you?  To pay the ransom and free you from this chaos?



Yep, that was me!  Desperate and broke.  So I was ready to bite the bullet. And then something miraculous happened.  My best friend bought it and gave it back to me.  She ransomed my guitar.  It is no longer mine, but I am free to play, sing, write and create incredible music with it because the price has been paid. 

Reminds me of a story......about a man......who was born, died, paid an incredible price, to buy our lives, just to give them back to us.  When we choose to accept this incredible gift, we are ransomed.  The price of our lives in all of it's ugly, bought for a price, just to be given back to us to make into something beautifully creative and musical.  Jesus. He gave me the perfect picture of what He's done. He's done it on a much bigger level.  But He used something of great value to me, that I could understand, to tell me the truth about being ransomed. Jesus thank you. 

And Christy, thank you.  I love you friend.  You are a priceless gift. 

Comments