Riding the Rapids Resembling Life

Today my life feels something like this picture....powerful, aggressive, seemingly strong with the ability to drown me as I struggle to come up for air and relief from the relentless passage of water pouring over me.


It is more likely something like this....still raging, still powerful, still aggressive, yet not able to pull me under.  It carries me over the stone filled river with pain, and is flowing to a destination I do not know. But I ride atop the rapids, being tossed about a great deal, but not drowning. 
 

 

This, without a doubt is where I will land:  In peaceful pools of life-giving water, and my experiences tossing me downstream will be the source of many who will grow out of it.  I surely will not drown.  I am being poured out, tossed by the rapid change of my life to carry me with great power to the place of peace, where streams of living water will nourish the land and will water His own.  A place where the tossed, thirsty, torn, and worn will find rest.  I will become a peaceful place of rest for others, having survived the rapid washing of water. And He will continue to stir the pools to invite more of His presence.

 Psalm 93:4-5 (NKJV)
     "The floods have lifted up, O Lord, The floods have lifted up their voice;  The floods lift up their waves.  The Lord on high is MIGHTIER that the noise of many waters, than the mighty waves of the sea."


 



Comments