Those Hurting are Closer than You Think

Another Christmas right around the corner.....

The broken and hurting. I might be looking for something or someone to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with, but there are people out there who don't have any one or any place to be.

I made a friend while I was working in Boulder. His name is Mr. Blessing. He was a homeless gentleman. Something about him touched my soul. I found it interesting that he was blessed with the name Blessing. For me, he was. I always looked forward to seeing him.

We are entering an arctic freeze over this Christmas week. We have not been blessed with snow this year, so we are just going to get cold. I think about Mr. Blessing, and his community of like-living individuals who will gather together on  Christmas, not to celebrate, but to simply stay warm.

My heart breaks.

I've seen a number of social media outlets sharing phone numbers to help those who are struggling this year. I know so many who don't have phones. How would they call?

The simple things we take for granted.....

We are selfish by nature. We are blessed beyond what we even are capable of seeing. There is so much busy-ness, and spending, and stress. But we have. 

Its easy to discount, or simply turn a blind eye to those who have nothing.

Please, just......don't.

Do you see what I see? 

Christmas: the celebration of Christ's birth, right?

And He says, "The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor."

That's what He's doing here. Emmanuel.

Don't forget.






Comments