YOU'RE NEVER TO OLD TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW

 

You're never too old to learn something new. I am reading a book right now to aid in a new marketing plan. The first two chapters had me baffled. It talked about branding. Logos. Color palettes. Things I had never learned or had any knowledge of before. 

Some things can't be taught through books.

Thankfully, my young and very technically savvy daughter helped me figure it out. We had other photographers to look at. We had websites to study to figure it out. 

There's just so much to learn. And I'm just at the beginning.

I am a seasoned photographer. I've been making beautiful photographs in the camera for over 20 years. I've witnessed great change during that time. I have watched film die, and digital photography become the norm. I've watched film resurface, although it's terribly expensive a medium to maintain. So I learned.

Now I'm facing the learning process of marketing, of editing, of being the teacher. I love teaching. My daughter is an up-and-coming photographer in her own right. In fact, I learned to be the model for her after our session in front of the branding machine. 
Photo Credit: Sarah Beranek Photography
I looked at my pictures, grateful that she made me feel beautiful (something that is newly learned for me as well). I did my own makeup but she did my hair. And then I went out and bought the tools for my hair because she did it with something I'd never used before. 

Yep, I learned something new. 

I also learned that I can own those wrinkles, and a few extra pounds. I earned them over my past 57 years, dangit. They are the result of much laughter, many tears, tackling HARD times, and enjoying precious moments. 

Additionally, I learned that sometimes my schedule needs thrown out the window in favor of a day of play. Last week my brain was mad, my body was mad, my heart was mad. And my roommate, {bless you Sheila Lynn!}, decided we need to go play. So we took a beautiful winter hike with the dogs. And we just relaxed, knowing that tomorrow is as good as today sometimes, when there is work to be done and it needs done better, so tomorrow is the right day anyway.
                                                                                ©CherieElainePhotography2021
So whether you need to learn a new skill, learn how to be flexible in your schedule, or how to curl your hair with a new gadget, you are never to old to learn something new. 


Have fun with that. :-) 

Love you. 











Comments