SACRED PLACES

 

©CherieElainePhotography2022

Some say "places" can't be sacred because places don't have souls. 

Try telling that to the people and animals who dwell in such a place. 

©CherieElainePhotography2022

There is a practice called Grounding. "Grounding, also called earthing, is a therapeutic technique that involves doing activities that “ground” or electrically reconnect you to the earth. This practice relies on earthing science and grounding physics to explain how electrical charges from the earth can have positive effects on your body." (www.healthline.com)

This is not some new age concept, or weird spiritual practice. In fact, the
Bible is very clear on the subject. God told Moses to remove his shoes because he was standing on Holy Ground. 

Watch children playing in the rain barefoot. Babies are very good at freeing their feet from their socks and shoes. And don't you love the feel of water on your feet as your toes sink into the sand? 

©CherieElainePhotography2022


Yesterday I visited a place reachable only by miles of dirt road called Castle Gardens. It is six miles of territory that numerous indigenous tribes call sacred. And you can feel it. 

I took my shoes off. I was standing on Holy Ground. It was looking into another world. Beautiful. Quiet with the exception of the wind breaking into song through the canyon. 

I didn't explore enough. But I will return. I will return with bare feet decked in hiking boots and walk the miles of trails that are marked by the art of the native ancients. I will take my camera and spend hours exploring a place uncovered by gentle hands, decorated by the people who lived there, and acquiring a spiritual awareness of God Himself while dust gathers between my toes. 

©CherieElainePhotography2022


©CherieElainePhotography2022


One of my favorite things to do when I go hiking is to find a stream, remove my shoes, and let frigid waters cover my feet. Standing on a rock warmed by the sun, I feel a strong sense of peace. 

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion, 'Your GOD reigns!'" - Isaiah 52:7

Take your shoes off. Get grounded. The place you are standing is Holy Ground, simply because He created for you. 

I love you,
Cherie









Comments