MORNING ANXIETY

 I awaken late, startled and panicked because I was supposed to wake a friend so she could give her dog (who is sick) some medicine. 

That was an hour ago. My mind is still reeling. I need to take trash, out, my dog out, feed her, feed me, get ready for and be at work in 50 minutes.

I'm crying. Anxiety makes me cry. It steals my joy. And first thing in the morning sets the precedent for my day.

It causes thoughts to surface. Ugly thoughts - memories. Memories of the men in my life. I hurt. I feel responsible. I ask forgiveness for the pain I've caused. I get angry. They have gone on and I am alone. In an anxiety attack.

I am blindly reaching for hope that is GOD.

I cast the enemy out and put him behind me because my head KNOWS I am covered by the blood of Jesus. 

I'm yet grasping blindly at thin air because I NEED so desperately to touch the hem of His garment. Jesus? I want to be still and know!

The noise outside is driving me batty. The lawnmowers, trash truck, street cleaner. Can't they just stop?

These words: When you are weak, I am strong. 

Be still, and know it, Child. Sip your coffee.

Breathe in. That heartbeat? I created it.

Breathe out. Those lungs? I fill them.

Breathe in. Your job? I placed you there.

Breath out. I've got you. 

Be still.....

Be still. It only took a moment. This is the day the Lord has made. Breathe in. Breathe out. Rejoice. Be glad. 

Amen. 


Comments