LIFE INTERRUPTED

©CherieElainePhotography2023
I have this saying: You can't pull yourself up by your bootstraps if you can't find your danged boots. 

Meant to be funny, but also a reality check. I can do all of the manifestation and meditation in the whole world, I can pray to my very powerful God while others call out to the universe to get their way but the fact is, life gets interrupted. 

I have all these great intentions for 2023. Exercise five days a week, lose ____ pounds (yeah, lets just keep that number under our hats, okay?), read 12 books, write 50 blog posts, do 12 photo sessions and play more music. 

And then.....life gets thrown that ball and before I know it, its intercepted. Yeah, I've been watching a lot of football. 

Sure, I can exercise indoors, but when I am facing major surgery on an upper body part it makes more sense to just take walks, right? WRONG. It's -6 degrees out and no amount of bundling will take me outdoors for 30 minutes. Losing weight? Sure. Don't eat sugar, eat 1800 calories a day, blah blah blah. Read 12 books? YES. This I can do one-handed. Write 50 blog posts? With one hand? And the arm out of commission is the one I hold my camera with, and I also need said arm to play instruments so.....

Life interrupted indeed. 

I've been in pain for so long, though, that the thought of getting out of it trumps everything else. My number one intention for 2023 is to GET WELL. And if that means that I don't get exercise until it warms up or I write 50 posts in six months instead of 12 and do 12 photo sessions in one month, does it matter? 

Its the intention, not the time frame. Galatians 6:9 says, "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." 

In due season.....

Not when I want or expect or desire. When it's time. My job? NOT GIVING UP. I know that's the hard part. I'm a good giver-upper. But not today. This doesn't end my intentions for 2023. It just moves them out a bit. And who knows? When time is due? Things might look a whole lot better and I am going to be strong enough to tackle them.

So a new intention for 2023 is this: Give myself a break!  

 Interrupt negativity and don't give up



 

Comments