WALK THROUGH THE DANGED DOOR

©CherieElainePhotography2023

Big changes can happen in a very short amount of time. Even when you can see the big change coming, in an instant it appears and there you have it. 

When you finally get tired of being the doormat, you have to pick the dirty old thing up, shake off the dust and walk through the danged door. 

I'm a praying woman. I have hope in Jesus, but less confidence in Him than I should have. I have had so many reasons to make the big change over the course of many months, but kept asking, "Is it time?" and never understanding the answer was in front of me. 

Not to personally diss any people that are from my past, present or future, but I have always been a doormat. I let people walk all over me, make the rules, control my outcomes, and make me feel unworthy, un-smart, less-than. People that I really love with all my heart have made me feel that way. 

Knowing they are wrong, and that in reality I am absolutely great :-) didn't encourage me to take action. I was always scared and had that lingering thought, "What if I'm wrong and they're right"?

They are wrong. 

I AM WORTHY. I AM SMART. BEYOND SMART, I AM WISE. I AM ENOUGH. I MAY MAKE DECISIONS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME WRONG. IT MEANS I MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS. 

I have been an apartment building manager for one year and eight months. Its been awful. Enough said. 

I LOVE being behind the camera. Since moving to Wyoming, I have watched my photography grow, and improve and I have discovered who and what I want to photograph. And that's what I need to be doing. I've spent a long time spinning my wheels for someone else. 

I am a writer. But do I write? Not nearly enough. I'm too tired and weary from my life as a doormat. Time to begin to finish all of those writing projects I've been ignoring.  

Do I know what the future holds? No, of course not. But it will be better than this. 

Am I scared? Yep. 

Does it make others think I've made another mistake? I don't care. 

God said Go. God said Live. God said Yes. Take it up with Him. What it looks like to anyone else really isn't my business. I'm doing what is right. 

Some may say I can't do it (They already have). And you are doing it. Why can't I? What makes me less capable to being somebody than you are? 

Good question, right? Naysayers, get out of my face. YES I CAN. I'm just as good as the rest of y'all. If you can, why do you think I can't? 

Today is new, and I get to walk through the danged door. It has swung wide open. 

Moral of the story for you: There are two. 1. Don't tell people they can't. Not your business. You are not helping them by rolling your eyes at 'em. And 2. They can. You can. If you did, they will. And if they are, encourage them. THEY ARE GOOD ENOUGH.

And how about this? YOU are good enough. YOU are strong enough. YOU are wise enough. YOU can trust God to show you a door. But YOU have to shake off the doormat and walk through the door. 

God bless you. Go do that. Answering to people is only okay if it results in answering to God's purpose for you. 

Amen.

Love you.

©CherieElainePhotography2023


P.S. What might this have to do with that silly cabin rental photo at the top of this story? I just thought it was funny, and kind of how I felt about the places I was renting out. :-) 




Comments