Did I Pray for This?

I saw this post on Facebook this morning:



Then I asked myself: 
Am I living life this way as a result of what I've prayed for in my past? 
My life is still so unsettled and I am in limbo and I need answers! 

I've prayed for freedom.
I've prayed for wisdom. 
I've prayed for knowledge.
I've prayed for forgiveness.
I've prayed to forgive.
I've prayed to be loved.
I've prayed to love. 
I've prayed for a home. 
I've prayed for favor.
I've prayed for blessing. 
I've prayed for healing.
I've prayed for a good job.
I've prayed for a good car.
I've prayed for change.
I've prayed for creative outlets.
I've prayed for something new.
I've prayed for money.
I've prayed for people.
I've prayed for our nation.
I've prayed for our president.
I've prayed for the dying.
I've prayed for the living.
I've prayed.
And prayed. 
And prayed. 

Why? 
What does this mean for me now? 
They HAVE been answered....

I am free.
I am wise.
I have knowledge.
I am forgiven.
I have forgiven.
I have loved. Love is risky....because it can hurt.
I have a place to call home under another's roof.
I am favored by some. 
I have blessings. Should I begin listing them, I could not contain them here.
I am healed, healing, and seeking health. Its complicated.
I've had "good" jobs--just looking for the right one that I will be happy in AND that pays the bills.
I have a good car. I want a different one, and I'm working towards it.
I have changed. I have evolved. 
I have creative outlets and I am going to continue to nurture them.
I have started over new so many times I can't even count anymore.
I get money in small increments. I'm praying for more. And on a consistent basis.
I still pray for people.
I still pray for our nation. 
I still pray for our president. And Lord have mercy, because the next one is going to need prayer, too!
I've prayed in the presence of the dying. Its beautiful.
I continue to pray for the living. 
I pray.
And pray.
And pray. 

I am a result of what I've prayed for. 
I might be struggling while my life-feet find a smoother path to wander on, 
But I have begun finding myself. 
I like me. 
Things are only that: Things. 
But some things are worthy. 
And I will continue to pray because prayer changes things. 






Comments