December

The last month of 2017 begins today.

How do I want to finish the year?

I want to give back of myself somehow. I am finishing the year feeling I've not done enough.

I've had people to keep me warm, to encourage me, to inspire me to be more. I've needed taken care of and I have been.

My pride has interfered with my ability, my responsibility, to be generous and grateful. I have allowed my need for others to make me feel humiliated when really, it should have empowered me. It should make me feel BRAVE. These people who are my source of help find me worthy. 

I've learned so much about myself, about God, about humanity. We are a depraved people. Evil lurks within us and we are becoming vocal about it. We are turning over stones and revealing the worms underneath.

We need a Savior. For healing of those unearthed wounds. For justice instead of retaliation. For revelation instead of revenge.

I am a wounded soul. I've experienced the inner damage of abuse. But it cannot define me, and as hard as it tries, I will not let it.

I'm a particularly unique created being. Hand-fashioned. What the world has done to destroy it has added character to the masterpiece. I have been formed by the Master Creator. He has given me deep, special spirit roots. I do not want to lose her. She thinks outside the box. She is strong, and wise and powerful. Her desire to know and explore and understand pushes her continually to seek more.

I AM SHE.

I am an incredible being of belief and wonder.

GOD, I thank You for living in me UNtraditionally.

And Jesus, I want to be more like You.

I WANT TO:
                LOVE......
                     GIVE......
                          FORGIVE.....
                                        LIVE. 

That's how I want to finish this year.


Comments