Resurrected

I made an interesting observation yesterday. 

I caught myself following. 

Not like I was following a leader. Like I was submissive, resigned, unworthy. I asked myself twice, "Why am I behind, not beside?" It was an analogy of what I've been feeling. I've given my power away. I am robotic in my obedience. 

I've been slowly dying, but giving into it. Allowing the past, my naysayers and emotional controllers to keep me barely functioning, barely breathing, and existing only in "I don't know" and "I can't do." I've become exactly who they requested I be:  No one of consequence. 


LIES!!!
This has been other's truth for me. Not mine! It is so ingrained in me, so daily practiced, that I started to believe it! Started to is an understatement. I DID believe it. 

This is not who I am nor is it who I want to be. 

Today is Easter. It is Resurrection Day. And I just was. 

He said "Follow Me." He didn't say "Keep you head down, don't look at me, walk behind me, a little farther please." It was "Take up your cross and follow me. Do what I do, be who I am. I have to go but I will fill you up. I will walk beside you. I will be present inside you."

He did not get tortured so that we would passively cave into our abusers and accusers. He stood up for us and said "HA! Where are your accusers NOW?"  He did not say "Take up your bed and get walked on." He said "Get up and walk!" 

He did not go through Hell so that we would have to wallow there during our lives on earth. HELL NO! 

He beat it into the depths so that we could live on! 

Do you understand that this is very good news? We are resurrected. We are empowered. We are spirit-filled and soul-willed breathing, fighting, leading machines! 

I will NOT walk behind. I will NOT take orders from my enemies. I will NOT give my power away any longer! Walk alongside me or GO A DIFFERENT WAY. 

I am resurrected, I am alive, and I will NOT give my power away any longer. 

Jesus did not go to the grave, hang on a cross with blood dripping down his face and his hands and feet screaming for relief while they held his body weight against splintering wood, or face fear so real and excruciating that his sweat turned to droplets of blood so that we could wallow in fear and submission, and swallow the bitter nectar others might be pouring down our throats. 

This was an event meant to CHANGE THE RULES. 

ARISE!!
Don't give away what He has given you! Don't treat your life as though it is not meant to be lived with power! Don't let the world steal what Heaven has done in order for you to be living with passion. Because passion for you is what it took to defeat it. 

It is finished. LIVE RESURRECTED. Now. 


Comments