Today I am tossed from one end of the happy spectrum to the other end of the disappointed spectrum.  The disappointed spectrum is revealed with emails from prospected employers following interviews (some in person, some on the phone, some for the second time) that result in the words "We regret to inform you...."  Today I had an email that was somewhat insulting, as though they found it utterly ridiculous that I felt I was qualified for the position I applied for.  Hey, the job market is tough out there and I'm applying for anything. Well except for exotic dancer or nude modeling.  :-)  Before you take offense to that, remember those are exceptions to what I am applying for! 


Nothing pressing.....
Here's the happy spectrum.....I am delighted to be able to have time to get my homework done (oh the life of a full-time student:  MORE COFFEE.  I NEED MORE COFFEE).  I can spend time with my daughters and grandchildren, at least the ones who live here.  And I get to do things like carry my camera bag around EVERYWHERE and shoot pictures of the simple things in life that many of us take for granted but actually have ultimate joy written all over them if you just stop and look at them.  Ah yes, I am talking about the simplicity of having nothing pressing to do.  I am NOT lazy.  I LIKE to work hard!  In fact, I have this incredibly horrible habit of taking on too much, then crashing, and then getting bored, taking on too much, then crashing again.  Right now, I am not in crash mode, or taking on too much mode.  I am in the "there's nothing pressing" mode. If I would just allow myself to enjoy this part of my life instead of feeling guilty for it!   There is NO shame in relishing in the nothing pressing moments!


I feel anxious about not having a job, and spend hours every morning searching for one.  But then....then I spend a couple of hours a day NOT searching for one.  Just relaxing.  Just being present in my life.  Just watching.  Listening.  Being.  Oh what sweet happy pleasure this place is!   Often I catch myself at a pity party where I am the only one attending.  This morning I was at one of these said parties, and I realized that the party is over.  I need to move on! 


At day's end....He is still God.  Be still and know Him.
To celebrate my happy spectrum, I sat at the park for a couple of hours on Tuesday and took some pictures of common park things:  Ducks.  Geese.  A ladybug climbing on my blanket.  And I loved it.  Here are a couple of springtime photos for you.  To remind you to take a minute to visit the happy spectrum.  God gives it to us.  No matter what we are going through.  There is a place where we can search and find a happy, peaceful spectrum to reside in for a wee bit. Look for your nothing pressing moments!  They are FABULOUS!


Happy Rest Spectrum



Watching for the next opportunity....but relaxing while doing so.





Comments