A Gypsy

Gypsy: Ascribed freedom or inclination to move from place to place. Working independently.

I am a gypsy. The word ascribed means assigned. Destined for. Demanded of. It finally dawned on me today that this is who and what I am.

I don't have limitations placed on my life as most do. I'm not married to a mortgage or a man (or a woman). Or yard work. Or a job that pays me so well that it makes it impossible for me to leave, even if I desperately want to. Toil! What a terrible way to toil the days away.

We spend more waking hours working than doing anything else that we do our entire lives! How miserable to spend one's entire life working and NOT enjoying it. Then, when we are old and tired, we retire, and because we are old and tired, we still don't do the things we enjoy.

I am not naive, as I know there are some who retire young, with money, and spend most of your mature adult years doing whatever the heck you please. But you are an elite few. The rest of us? Toil. For money. For things.

I don't have those things that require such a lifestyle. It is the reason that I've not settled into one singular thing and have done so many. It's my inner gypsy. I've been assigned freedom to move place to place and work independently.

What a blessing to finally figure this out!

I just spent four and a half years as a college student. I finished my final class on February 21, 2016, and now am a graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree. It was so hard. I have a terrible case of what now that is haunting me. I feel like I need to hurry.

But why? I'm a gypsy. The next thing will be ascribed to me soon enough. I'm not a young graduate. I'm 52. So, yay me! Its time for me to celebrate, and wander. And wonder.

A gypsy. Its a good calling. :-)

Comments