CABBAGE: IT'S WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST

©CherieElainePhotography2020
Breakfast.  Lest we judge my choices, remember some of you had donuts. 

One of the crazy things about having Covid-19 is how much it altered my taste and smell. Foods that I used to love caused nausea, or tasted weird, or worse, filled my home with fumes rather than savory smells.

This week I realized that what I'm craving is quite different from what I used to eat. I wanted fresh, organic, real food. I have to be careful with fresh veggies because I have some serious non-Covid stomach issues. But cooking them down makes their contents less effective. So I REALLY listened to my body. "What are you asking of me?"

When she responded with cabbage and peas, I was confused. I mean, who craves cabbage?

This girl! The one who defied death and battled back from this terrible illness. I am so thankful for my body in all its imperfections for fighting for me that I'd give her a damn cherry pie if she wanted.

But she asked for cabbage. Home made coleslaw and dressing for my pea salad involved mixing and whisking and chopping and the pure joy of working in my kitchen again.

During this unprecedented time, the small pleasures are necessary. And since most of us have more time, we can be still and listen. What is your body telling you today?

I love you. Love yourself. Love your body. Love your soul. Jesus does. He digs you. 

Comments