Yikes....The Confined Chaos!

©CherieElaine2018
Welcome to my edition of "This is Your Life." Many of you have storage in your garage, or junk drawers to capture those little things that have no place else to fit in. I kind of feel like that. Like I am one of the little things that has no place else to fit in so I'm in "storage." 

The reality is that this is true. My kids have made sure I am in a comfortable home and I am happily, and gratefully, living in a 10x10 bedroom and my junk drawer is in a 5x10 storage unit. 

They are well-used, both my bedroom and my storage unit. Both look approximately the same right now, as I work, play and rest utilizing these two spaces. So much stuff. 

I will occasionally reorganize and "clean up" my spaces. But I also know where everything IS at this moment, and its chaotic, but its MY chaos, and its confined to small spaces. 

Man, I can't WAIT to be able to spread these wings and sort through "stuff" and feel like things are in control! 

I try not to jump, to get ahead of myself, or escape the big plans laid for me. But I tire of the confined chaos. I keep a VERY organized calendar. Its even color coded so that I know which task requires my attention at which time of day. Sure, THAT is organized! If I don't get to everything, little arrows point the way to the next available day to get it done. 
©CherieElaine2018

Right now I am quite aware that my life IS chaos. I have a new adventure that starts today. Its taking so much more of my time than I want it to. But its new, and it is required, and I want to make it successful. Not enough time taking beautiful photos. But I am spending a lot of time planning, and searching, and seeking what I really want that to look like. It is my first business priority. 

I felt pretty anxious yesterday. I cried. A lot. I've been operating full throttle since my career change happened on April 19. I want to rest. And I will. The top of my daytimer for Sunday says, "Say NO." My day. Me day. 

Will I get things cleaned up and re-organized? Maybe. But my chaotic life is confined to small spaces. I like my stuff in small spaces. But the world is my briefcase, my living space, and my resting place. 

What I OWN lives in confined chaos. But it isn't much. Could you fit all of your life into a 5x10 storage unit? Its freeing. It allows me to do the flying. I am not bogged down by stuff. My material possessions, those things that bog people down or crowd their lives are not an issue for me. They are confined. 

While so much of me wants a space to call my home, and place to spread out, I also know that I DON'T know where that is or how I am going to accomplish it. I know I have freedom to do it anywhere because when you have little, you have little to move and less baggage to carry. Today, I choose to see my confined chaos as a gift. Because it IS. My life is just waiting to be unwrapped. And when I open those boxes that have been so long confined, it will be like its the first time I've seen what's inside. 

I have had people try to lovingly tell me about the mistakes I've made, that I should find a job. But guess what? I HAVE A JOB, and not just a job, I HAVE A CALLING and I KNOW IT AND I GET TO DO THAT THING. :-) What a precious, precious gift. 
©CherieElaine2018


Comments