How Angry ARE You?

From my personal journal this morning:

     "I'm aggravated, impatient, defeated, and just plain pissed off this morning! I had to borrow $5 for gas yesterday. Are you kidding? This is RIDICULOUS! I am not committing to anything because I 'might' get a job. Why am I avoiding yes for maybe?
     "I don't know what to do, what's right. I'm praying hard. Doing the work. Pounding the pavement. Patiently waiting. But time is up and I am out of it! Getting kicked while I'm down AGAIN. 
     "WHY? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?????"

So I'm not having a great day. I'm ANGRY. REALLY ANGRY. And then I remember this saying I heard a long time ago. 

     "Are you angry enough to do something about it?"

So while I am throwing this highly effective pity party for myself, I am realizing that maybe this is the point I have to get to in order to change my life. I'm so positive that I need to be this calm, peaceful, all-loving, hippy-chick. Well, she's on the warpath today, so WATCH OUT. 

As though I didn't need encouraged further, and I'm shaking my fist at God, Who, by the way, is saying something like "It's about time, Girlfriend!", I flip my desk calendar to THIS: 



I realize at this point, that I have been behaving timidly, not as a new woman empowered by the empty spaces that she's been given. I'm "waiting" as I should be, but passively. I am behaving like a timid, controlled, disinterested party in my own future!  This is not at all what God wants me to be!

And then, I'm continuing my pity party because I'm just mad at myself, I scroll through social media, and my church home has posted this on Facebook: 

Borrowed from Grace Church, Arvada
God didn't tell me once. He told me twice today. 

I am POWERFUL. 
I AM LOVE.
 I AM SELF-DISCIPLINED. 
I am NOT told to be timid. Timidity exuberates weakness, shallow self-worth, inability to experience freedom in self-expression. 

IT IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHO THE SPIRIT IS BRINGING TO LIFE INSIDE OF ME! 

So I am asking myself the very important question, am I angry enough to do something about it?  

Sometimes you just have to get MAD. It CAN be empowering! Timid Cherie is shut down today, and powerful Cherie is changing her life!  

Readers, are you angry enough to do something about it?  What do you need in your life that isn't there? Find a way to get it! Who is hurting you that you have to quit allowing to? Release yourself from their toxic hold on you! What are you doing that is hurting yourself? STOP DOING IT. Get angry!  

YOU HAVE POWER! YOU ARE LOVED! YOU HAVE SELF-DISCIPLINE! 
Tap in, friends. Its already there. It is a gift from the Spirit! 


Comments