THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GOWN

 

PC: Sarah Beranek Photography


I have become quite a fan of the show "Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta." I love white gowns, and I dream about someday sweeping my groom off his feet emerging from a hidden space to surprise him. Beautiful designs and stories tantalize my imagination.

Sixty is coming up quickly as now I am more than half-way through my 59th year. Being a bride is probably off the books, and looking for a dress is not on my radar. As the years pass more rapidly than expected, I know these dreams are dissipating. 

So this morning, as I find myself praying, I ask the Bridegroom as He prepares Heaven to also prepare for me a beautiful gown. Then I ask on behalf of my other single friends, that we will be presented as the most beautiful brides. And then I think of my friends who have become widows far too young, that they will be reunited with their husbands. 

Am I too old to be married? Maybe. Do I have a perspective groom. No. Am I in love? Yes. With me. With my Heavenly Husband. With Jesus my Bridegroom.

I think wearing white works right now. 😊 There are no rules about color or season in Heaven. Just reminders that my Groom is my Hope and loves me beyond my imagination. 

Wear white. Love you. 




Comments