ONE-SIDED CONVERSATIONS

 

Sixty year old hands still rest in my favorite book daily. 

I realized this morning that I carry on a lot of one-sided conversations and pass them off as praying. 

"Hey there, God? Please do and please don't and please make a way and please light my path?" 

Amen and done. 

I wondered at this yesterday, because I found that I sit and "pray" but don't wait. I have this one-sided conversation, and instead of engaging or sitting in the quiet awaiting a response, I just go. I hope I'll SEE an answer or WATCH my circumstances change without awaiting His instruction on how to do my part to make it happen!

Perhaps this is what David meant when penning the Psalms, to pray AND meditate. Shut up and just listen. 

For this to happen, we have to be willing to be present with Him. Sit in His quiet. WAIT with Him. WITH Him?  Yes. His Spirit resides in our being, remember? Once we are His, we live and breathe and have our being in Him. So when we just pack it up and move on with our day, we are just dragging Him along with us. 

Our minds and bodies are sometimes ill-accustomed to this. Those people who say they meditate 30 minutes a day astound me. I'll start with five. But I want to LISTEN. I want to be still and know....and how will I know if I do not wait?

It will be interesting to see how my Spirit-filled life changes as I practice this. I bet it's beautiful. 

Love you. 

Comments