ALL THINGS NEW and I AM MADE FOR MORE

 I am so glad to be home in Colorado!

I sold all my "possessions," packed up photographs and books and portrait gear and have it stored, and moved back with what would fit in my car. 

And it's still TOO much! 

I feel so much joy in starting over. I am looking so forward to finding a new place, a new job, a new life. I've been tired and weary and sad for far too long. 

All things are new! 

My motto going into my 61st year of life is Made for More.

I've heard it at church. In podcasts. On television. 

And after living my less-than life, I really believe it is true for me. I haven't been living in the abundance Jesus promised me. I've been living under the thumb of oppression, and I am tearing it off now. 

One day at church, our pastor asked us to turn our palms up and pray, "Holy Spirit, whatever is takes.....I want to be and do what you want me to." 

I've been a believer for 56 years of my life, and that prayer has ALWAYS scared me. But when all you have left is nothing, its a whole lot easier to recognize you've got nothing to lose. 

I don't suggest doing it that way. I could have perhaps saved myself a whole lot of grief by going palms up a long time ago. I also don't want to look back and become a pillar of salt. 

I'm here now. All in. All new. Made for more. 

When I got here, I told my family that I felt like I would sleep for three days straight. And now it's been seven! But I haven't slept the entire time. 😄 I've been applying for jobs and looking for a new home and spending time with my kids and grandkids and getting some exercise in fresh air. 

What I haven't done is encourage my gifts that have not been attended to nearly enough. And I miss them.

One, writing. And that's what I'm doing here. I am made for more than sitting around thinking about writing. It's time to put the words on the page. 

Two, photography. In September I took only THREE photographs. All month. On the same day. Of the same subject. And it's already October. That is not good. If I really want to be a photographer that requires actually taking photographs. I am made for more than that. 

So. All things new, means a fresh outlook. New words. New photo projects. New job opportunities. New places, old places I've been, and new eyes to see them with. 

I do have advice..... Don't wait until you've nothing to lose. Go palms up. Trust God's plan to unveil His universe to you and go play and work in it. You can always do new things, and you are made for more. 

Love you! 

It only takes one seed to birth a forest. 

©CherieElainePhotography2024



Comments

  1. So happy for you n excite for a good blogger!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment