LET ALL YOUR WAYS BE ESTABLISHED

 

                                                    ©CherieElainePhotography2024

Proverbs 4:26 says to ,"Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established."

And as Walt Longmire would respond in one of Craig Johnson's novels, 
"Boy howdy." Meaning, you've got that right.

When you pick up and move, getting rid of all the "things" you've acquired along the way in order to start over, is almost a feeling of stumbling all over the place. 

I've learned to step cautiously. I've done this many times. And I hope that I am careful and polite as a temporary houseguest. 

Right now its that pondering....and not stepping, and letting my ways be established. Its kind of like going swimming in cool mountain waters. I'm sometimes that cannon baller who just dives in and accepts the consequences. But if I'm pondering and waiting for my way to be established first, its more like that dipping your toe in before you start wading. 
©CherieElainePhotography2024
I've been here two weeks now. It's been GOOD. Trying not to panic and rush things? Less good. But I know I said the words. I know I gave God permission. I know its my job to ponder and quietly watch and actively wait while God does His thing in my life. 

Quietly watch, and actively wait. Seems a little bit of a paradox, yes?

The Oxford dictionary says that to ponder is to "think about (something) carefully, especially before making a decision or reaching a conclusion."

Pondering the path of my feet doesn't mean to stop. It means to think very carefully about my next step, and let God put down the pavers I'm going to step on. It means to be careful with where I'm going, take my time, and go the right way. 

I love this scripture so much now. And I understand it. And I feel like it is just for me. But I know it isn't. I know it might be there for you too. Pray a lot, palms up. Give God the permission to do His thing, but don't just sit there. Do stuff. Get up and move on the path. Just be careful. :-) 

Love you. 
©CherieElainePhotography2024

 


Comments