Fifty-four Days to Make it Different

©CherieElainePhotography2019

















Do you set New Years resolutions? Do you set goals? Do you reach them? 

I had a dream last night. I have this fantastic book that encourages taking photographs every day throughout the year. In the dream, I took the book from the bookcase and set it on the floor, and then picked it up and violently pitched it against a wall. Not out of anger. In my dream I felt fear. Fear? Of what? 

FEAR OF NOT SUCCEEDING. 

I haven't lost the weight I need to. I haven't found a diet that doesn't send my gut through the roof. I haven't been able to keep up with an exercise program. My body fails me. I don't play my guitar often, even though it's something I LOVE to do. I'm not being consistent in taking pictures. 

I've failed so many times that I've given up. I'm afraid of not succeeding. So why even try, right?  

WRONG.   

I gave up and felt like a failure. So much so that I was dreaming about it! 

There are 54 days left until the end of the year. Why not start now? Why wait? Why not jump into those things we've wanted to do but didn't, do the things our hearts love but haven't done? Okay, so camping might not be something to do in mid-fall into winter, but taking a hike? Yes. Outdoors? Yes. We are not bears so we should not hibernate! Eating well? Being gracious with our bodies? Yes! Playing music or trying something we've never done before? Oh gosh, yes! 

We have 54 days left of 2019. OF THIS DECADE. Shouldn't we go out as winners? Knowing we tried is so much better than just giving up because it's almost over. 

What a wake up call--literally. I woke up knowing it was time to get on it. 

Wake up. Fifty-four days. So much can be done with 54 days! 

What are you going to use your days left of 2019, of this decade, doing?

Let's DO something with them, shall we?

So much love. C.

Comments