WAKING UP


©CherieElainePhotography2020

©CherieElainePhotography2020


Today when I brought these three little beauties home, I texted a friend of mine and told her I thought I might have a problem. I didn't bring home one, I brought home THREE. 

She replied in the most beautiful way, saying, "That's not a problem, that's your soul waking up." 

These precious, captivating words! Don't we ALL need someone who can look inside of us and see that our soul is waking up? Don't we all need those people who are patient in the process of it happening? These words have been ringing in the depths of me all afternoon.  

There are these elemental expectations in life that we struggle to become, that we order our affairs around so that we achieve what is seemingly determined to be our unique self. But here is the complete honest and beautiful truth:

When we fail at it, THAT'S when we find our truth. THAT'S when our soul starts waking up. 

My failures have been many. From something as simple as buying an outfit I hate  to wear to work to failing at marriage. This business of my soul waking up? It came quietly lapping, like my toes in a slow moving tide. Now it comes in oceanic waves! 

And it is coming in things as simple as buying an outfit that I LOVE, and choosing WHO to love, not because I should or they are good for me, but because I want to. It comes with burning incense. It comes with reading and reading some more. It comes with forming my own opinion, even at the risk of it causing others to turn away from me. It comes with choosing to worship God and not the church. It comes from hugging trees and protecting what little earth I can. 

And it comes with buying three lovely little succulent plants. Something to care for. Something to nurture. Something that brings me joy. Something that is part of an awakening soul. 

What wakes up your soul???? Oh Beloved, I want you to find it! I want you to recognize it! And if you don't, I'm praying someone sees that you are and will tell you so. 

If you are seeing an awakening soul, tell them! The best thing we can do right now is speak truth into people, unconditionally and without expecting a return on it. 

Be part of the beautiful awakening.

So much love for you..... 


Comments