ARE YOU SCARED?

 

©CherieElainePhotography2023

It has been almost six weeks since my last "job" ended. Since then I have been resting and taking photographs and day trips and being, well, me. 

My good friend asked me the other day if I am scared. 

My answer?  "Hell yes." 

Another friend popped by to say hello a few days ago. She asked me what I am looking for as far as a job. I told her I am going to keep pursuing photography. She said, "No, no, no.....I mean a a real job."

She doesn't know it, but she broke my heart. She is sitting in my living room, surrounded by beautiful artwork. She can SEE what I can do. But it isn't real to her. 

It is real to me. And yes, I am scared to death.

Two different perspectives from two different friends. One who believes in me, and one who believes I need to just get a job. 

The job I left was "just a job." Why would I do that to myself again?

I am so fortunate to have the friend who believes in me. I'll be honest, they are few and far between. I have more naysayers than encouragers. But what I think I should be doing is what counts. 

And I am doing it scared. 

But I'm doing it. 

©CherieElainePhotography2023


There's a saying that says to bloom where you're planted. I really haven't done that yet. When I get planted, I feel buried and do what I'm told. I act like I can't because I have voices in my head that tell me to do something else. 

Two words.  Just two words. 

But God. 

And if He says do, do it scared. 

So very scared! But called. And I don't want to fail Him. I don't want to fail me. No more defeat. Chase it. Go get it. 

Bloom. 

Love you. 

©CherieElainePhotography2023 My faithful travel buddy, Belle.


©CherieElainePhotography2022 Belle's bestie, Poppie. 









Comments

Post a Comment