MEMORIAL DAY AT THE CEMETERY





©CherieElainePhotography2023
This is not going to be one of those encouraging blogs. Unless it is encouraging change. This is one of those blogs that grows out of anger because of disrespect. This blog came the day after Memorial Day, the day we honor, yes, HONOR, those who died for our freedom. 

Notice anything missing in these photos? Anything at all? How about a wreath for the Veterans Memorial? How about flags posted on the graves of those who fought for our country, who DIED doing it?  
©CherieElainePhotography2023

I am so full of what I hope is righteous anger right now. My heart broke and I was stunned to find not a single flag placed in the grass next to these graves. 

I noticed something similar last year. Some were flagged and some were not. The word was that they ran out of flags. Really? Someone counted wrong. I talked to my friend Ralph about it. He was a decorated veteran. He rarely spoke of how he earned those medals and awards. A few weeks ago, Ralph passed away. We had talked about going together [this] year and making sure every single one of our veterans in our town's cemetery had a flag displayed. I should have gone without him. 
Someone, ANYONE, should have gone. 

©CherieElainePhotography2023
Its terribly sad that they have gone unnoticed, unappreciated, disrespected.  I can't understand why. I wish I had thought of it sooner. I wish I would have done it without my friend Ralph helping me. I wish others would have thought of it, too. Shame on us. 

Next year, soldier. Next year. 

So much love being sent heavenward toward you. And so much thanks for living your life in a way that lets all of us live ours, too. 

Comments