TO CHRISTMAS OR NOT TO CHRISTMAS.....YET


To Christmas or not to Christmas, that is the question. Oh I know its early. But last week I heard the news that my landlords, whose home I reside in, are moving. They bought a home in the mountains and close mid-December. Between elections and Covid, my man losing everything in a fire, and the heart-wrenching pain my daughter and son-in-law are daily facing because of infertility, this news just makes me think, "Of course. Its 2020" and, "Oi with the poodles already!" 


That doesn't erase the fact that I need to think about the very real fact that I need to think about moving! I also know that I love the spirit of Christmas and the warmth it generates in my soul. For five weeks every year I awaken daily in a special sort of quiet celebration. This year, more than ever I need this! 


Its work, unpacking decorations, packing away the every day stuff, just to unpack again to pack it all away. And adding a move in the midst of it? Oh boy. And, as many others, my income suffers greatly because of this blasted year, and its really hard to do a job that requires SEEING faces when they require covering! 


Lord have mercy, this year has been hard work!


Here is the thing. Joy DOES take hard work. Moving mid-holidays? Hard work. Moving at all is hard work! But do you know what I would love? Having a REAL kitchen. Maybe a bathtub. Maybe a room with a real window to put the tree in front of! Positive thinking!


In and out of boxes? Hard work. But the joy it affords is worth the work!


This year has absolutely broken people that I love madly. I can but imagine their pain. I've been shedding empathetic tears, but I've had really REALLY special moments with others, too. I want to be a soft place to land, regardless of WHERE that is. And decorating for Christmas? That fuels me so that I have room for others. 


These photographs are from last year. Just a reminder to seek joy. Love you.



 


Comments