HOW ABOUT DOING IT TODAY?

Anyone at a loss for what to do with all of this newfound free time? 

Talking to my daughter this morning, who works two jobs and takes care of her husband and kids, she is finding that things she has time for, aren't getting done because they are things she fits in between her tasks on her busy schedule. For instance, throwing the washed clothes in the dryer because she used to have 11 emails to answer in between loads and now her reminder is gone. 

I am not quite the superwoman she is anymore, although, admittedly, she learned that from me. Now I'm either a working woman and nothing else, or a starving artist and nothing else. I used to be single working mom, three jobs, professional photographer, and music leader at church. Now I can't quite figure out how to combine all my selves. I'm just too stinkin' tired. I've earned the right NOT to. :-) 

©CherieElainePhotography2020
I have a few honey-do's on my list. I am the honey, and I am the do, so it's up to me to get them done. But not today. Today I read my love notes. 

I've mentioned this before, and I think everyone should do it. Write love notes to yourself. Phrases, quotes, pictures, lovely things that speak to you. Maybe that can be a project you try while you are hunkering down. 

My honey-do's are started. "Vacuum out the window sills and corners." Check.
"Cook up my deer meat and divide it for meals." Check. "Get outside." Check. 

These are the little things. Really, so little. When compared to my goals? These are nothing but tasks. 

So what can we do today that we might be able to apply to our later? 

For instance, I am a photographer, and I am discouraged right now with my work. I need to do something different. I need to get out and start doing it. Today. I have time today. 

Do you have a piece of furniture in your garage you've been meaning to refinish? How about getting started on that? Did you see a DIY project you want to try but didn't know how? Start researching that, today! Then do it.  

Look, we are all in this together. It's the ONE thing that has united us as a country in a very long time. It's the ONE thing that put the brakes on so that families are having meals together and playing games at the table. 

There is so much that so many of us want to do that none of us really try. So why not try doing it today?

Even though this might sound unrealistic and impossible to start, it's not. We have to make the best of it. And maybe, just maybe, this is God's gift to us to restart, to explore, to do the things we complain we never have time for. 

How about we do it today? 

I know that commenting on my posts requires a membership of some sort. I am researching a way to change that. But hey, comment on Facebook or instagram. Let me know what YOU are doing today that you didn't do before! I can't wait to hear from you. 

So much love, y'all. So much love. 

Comments