YOU'VE GOT TIME SO DO WHAT YOU LOVE

©CherieElainePhotography2020
In the background as I sit at my desk typing, I hear the words of our President giving an update about this Coronavirus. 

As many are, I am quite sure, this is wearing quite weary on me. 

I live alone. I keep in touch with my children daily. One is quarantined with her husband, who is taking good care of her while she battles back against this illness. The other two are indoors or out with their families, enjoying quality time together while they adjust to what has yet to feel like a new normal. 

I am down to my last roll of toilet paper, and a jar of peanut butter. Today I will venture out for whatever I can find. 

I have been keeping art journals since 1999. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is like a vision board, a reference book, to remind one of who they are, what they love, and what they need. 

My friend (acquaintance, but you know how some of those people just stand out and instantly stay in your exisitence?) Brian, is a performance artist. He dances. Yesterday while posting photos of my latest artistic outlet (pictures with pastels, or as I like to call it, grown up sidewalk chalk), he responded on Facebook reminding me that I AM AN ARTIST. He reminded me that we met doing something we both love--dancing. It was a Zumba flashmob downtown Denver years ago. We shared artistic moments. 
©CherieElainePhotography2020
This morning, while browsing art journals, I saw pictures I had pasted in there of dancing. I really do so love dancing. 

These pictures reminded me to move my body. There are no excuses. Yes, I've had a heck of a year fighting Lupus and RA, but even if it is just ONE song, I need to dance my a** off. I LOVE dancing, and my body NEEDS to move, so I am choosing to be my own partner and turn up the tunes! 

What are you doing to create, and cultivate, and nourish your life during this hard, hard time? 
Coloring. :-) ©CherieElainePhotography2020 
Let's make sure we are seeing this as an opportunity to reset, renew, refresh. I know it is so opposed to what we as Americans are used to. But honey, it is what it is, and we have to make the best of it. 

My dad's 80th birthday is today. My sister's 50th birthday is next week. My grand-daughter's 9th birthday is Tuesday. All of these people I love are having to forgo the fun of birthday celebrations--and it doesn't seem fair! There's nothing like lack, to remind you how much you want to celebrate the people you love. 

We've got some time. Let's use it. Stay away from the things that make you sad, and hang on and celebrate the things that make you glad! In the words of Pollyanna, "Play the glad game." 

Love you. 



Comments