GOD CLOSES ONE DOOR BUT OPENS ONE HUNDRED

"Bog zatvori jedna vrata,a otvori stotinu."

This old Croatian proverb translates, "God closes one door but opens one hundred." 

What a profound possibility! 

©CherieElainePhotography2020
Might it be true? 

Americans see so many limits. Even during this age of self-propelled purpose and wildly passionate goal setting, we have we said, "When God closes a door, He opens another," or "When God closes a door, He opens a window." Where is the promised abundant life in THAT? Why wouldn't He open a hundred? 

©CherieElainePhotography2020
I think we have allowed our vision to be restrained in a way that will be considered proper, unselfish, safe. Our enthusiasm is saved for sporting events and getting a new car. It diminishes when something changes unexpectedly. It is an auto-response "uh-oh" and automatically tossed into the "Oh poop, now what do I do?" pile. We rarely see it as oh-so-splendid!

I'm going searching for the 100 doors. Look up, down, in, out, behind and beside. It is so easy to only see the door shutting in front of us when all we have to do is step away from it and turn our eyes elsewhere. 

Sure, some of us find that a whole lot harder to believe than is so simply expressed here. I could easily be one. My 2020 is starting off with a bang, but not the good kind! My door hasn't seemed to just close, it seems to have locked me up in some cell! 

But that's my perception of the reality. I've missed the last 100 doors because I wasn't looking. 

Look for it. If there are 100, then we even get to make fantastic choices! 

Love you.  


Comments