NOURISH YOUR LIFE

From my art journal. 
February 1, 2020. One month of the year down. Do we want to say the first month of a decade down? How did you do? 
Do you ever wake up self-loathing? 

I met all and exceeded three of my five intentions set for January 2020. Do you know wasn't on my list of intentions? Bodywork. And it caused me to loathe myself. That's so BAD. 

I didn't do a dang thing to improve my physical health because, well it's HARD WORK. And I'm tired, friends. I'm so tired. 

Where does this "tired" come from? Some friends are blaming it on age. But I don't feel OLD, I feel tired. And to be honest....LAZY. 

There is one other time in my life that I allowed myself to be like "this." It followed a previous battle with deep depression. This is a constant battle for me now, and keeping my brain sane has been my focus. 

But do you know what would help? BODYWORK!

You see, if you don't nourish ALL parts of your life, at some point, they may all fail. Even Jesus addressed this. The Message Bible says it this way in Luke 10:27:

Love the Lord your God with all your
     passion and 
     prayer and 
     muscle and 
     intelligence.

Is it an accident that He included our physical beings? 

NO.

I tackled the passion and prayer and intelligence factors with enthusiasm in January. What was lacking? MUSCLE. 


There are a million people with a million plans and pills and powders that promise results. Here's the truth: Anything works when you're ready. And the formula is simple. Eat less, exercise more, repeat. 

Can I get an amen? 

So February's lessons will be filled with additional muscle. Literally. :-) 

Stay tuned! 

Here's to loving others as ourselves, with every element of our beings. 

And I do, love you! 




Comments