There is Such a Thing as Waiting TOO Long

The month of July had me saying farewell to three beautiful people in my life. 

Have you ever had the thought cross your mind that you really should check in on someone you care about but just haven't been in touch with for awhile? And then not done it? 

There is such a thing as waiting too long.

Or has someone you cared about not heeded health advice until they HAD to, and then it wasn't soon enough to correct it, and then it took the life out of them trying? 

There is such a thing as waiting too long. 

I don't want to wait too long. I have high blood pressure, I am considered obese, pre-diabetic and suffer from clinical depression. 

I almost waited too long with depression. My people noticed I was going down. When you're IN it, you don't even know how desperate you've become. I've made commitments to the people I am closest to that I will be accountable to taking my medications and stay sane so that I can love them well and long. 

I need to be accountable to those same people to healing my body, too. Because the things I struggle with physically actually have the power take my life away, too, if I wait. They are the things that complicate my daily living, my very existence. 

Finding snickers candy bars stashed around a diabetic's home and in his car? Dangerous. Needing to lose weight so that your feet don't hurt so badly that you can't even take a walk? Dangerous. Having to be rolled down the sidewalk because you're too round to actually walk it? Dangerous. 

Does it sound exaggerated? It's not. I know REAL people who made these choices. And in some cases, it's now too late for them. And it's not too late for me. If you're reading this, IT'S NOT TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Starting tomorrow only works if you get a tomorrow.

We, you and I, we have to be responsible for these beautiful bodies we live in. Yes, all of our bodies are incredibly beautiful. Just think about all of the intricacies that have to work together as well oiled machines for them to move, breathe, beat. Our parts wear out. We have to perform regular maintenance. It's so expensive to repair, and sometimes impossible to replace. Our minds need tuned up and cared for so they transmit healthy, empowering, healing messages to the rest of our bodies. 

I googled the relationship between food addiction and other addictions--alcohol, drugs, etc.... Guess what? Its just as dangerous. 

Heart disease is the number one cause of death. And it is caused by a lot of things we do to ourselves. More people die from heart disease, the underlying causes being diabetes, obesity, poor diet and physical inactivity, than die from alcohol or drug abuse!

How many of those deaths were people who just waited too long to do anything about it?

I am in a trial group right now, a small group that has chosen to be accountable to our honest, transparent leader and each other for the month of August. We are all working toward a single goal: To love ourselves today, and make changes so that we are stronger and healthier tomorrow. And the next day, and the day after that.....

Please, love yourself today. Do something today that your body is going to thank you for tomorrow. Don't wait too long, because really, sometimes, tomorrow never comes

Let's do today. 

So much love for you. 

Comments