HOW ARE Y'ALL DOING?

©CherieElainePhotography2020
How are y'all doing?
Are you feeling like a failure during this crisis?
Can I share just a little minute, some thoughts with you?
I am a survivor of Covid-19. Yes, I got tested. Yes, it was positive. Yes, I was so extremely ill. I've never been through anything like it. Hopefully those antibodies mean I will never go through anything like it again!
Let me tell you the psychological ramifications I experienced, okay?
Some thought I was exaggerating, or even lying about the condition. Some treated me like I was a leper. Some reached out with open arms even though they couldn't fold them around me. I was an emotional and mental mess.
Few are willing to talk about it with someone who HAS it. A lot of people want to talk about what it looks like on a graph. Many just wanted to throw those infected to the wolves and pretend it isn't real.
So those who have Covid-19 feel like they have failed in some way. And FEELING like a failure is what leads to becoming one.
Maybe your feelings aren't connected to the virus at all. Maybe they are connected to homeschooling your kids and wondering what the heck you're doing. Maybe you house is a disaster. Maybe you've packed on some pounds. Maybe you are fighting more with your spouse.
Okay, grab those feelings right now. RIGHT NOW. You are NOT a failure! But those feelings not kept in check will become the truth. What you think about becomes who you are. Is failure really the number one thing you want to see at the top of your resume right now?
Let me help you answer that. NO.
Today I had to remind myself that this illness failed in my body. My house being a mess or my body being a bit larger than it once was DON'T MATTER. Getting ahead of this thing and WINNING does.
Even if you don't have Covid-19, even it it is just trying to survive your new way of life, however temporal, remind yourself that this is something new, and everyone is having to figure it out. YOU get to choose how you feel about it, how you think about it. Fearing failure can make it happen unless it calls you to action first.
You've got this. Don't give up. Love you like crazy.

Comments