THE LION

Okay, yes, I watched Tiger King. It was horrifying. Oh, not just the PEOPLE involved but the activity! Ugh! 

I am big proponent of The Wild Animal Sanctuary here in Colorado. I'm so grateful they were able to step in and rescue 43 of the animals from GW Zoo. 

©CherieElainePhotography2020
©CherieElainePhotography2020
But today, I want to talk about lions. "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!" All of the above. Today, in particular, lions. 

First I want to start by saying how very much I love bears. Whether or not you believe in it, I do, and I believe my spirit animal to be a bear. When I was very, very ill, and unsure what timeline my life had, and my desire had always been to see and photograph a bear, God granted the desire of my heart and I saw one face to face. Not only me, but my children were able to witness the incredible event standing next to me. 
©CherieElainePhotography2020
However, God also gave me a dream. A vivid dream. It was years ago, but it has not left my mind. You see, when the doctor wasn't sure I was going to make it, and then I did, and she looked my ex-husband and myself in the eye and said, "I think we're out of the woods," my reaction was, "Woods? What woods? I was in the woods?" I guess the thought of actually dying didn't really sink in. And then came the dream.

It seemed to last hours, so I won't go into details, but I was a warrior. Not just a warrior, a lioness. I was fighting a brutal battle, alongside my King, The Lion of Judah. I was amazed at my strength and ability to keep fighting when it seemed the war should overtake us. When I asked how this could be, The Lion said to me, "You're a lioness now." 

Seeing a lioness humbly follow her lion reminds me of the trust that put in me. Sometimes I forget the kind of strength it takes to get through what I've already had victory over, the things only a lioness can overcome. 

I don't know if it was binge watching Joe Exotic or if it was time for this dream again because I'm battling Covid-19, but it came back. Last night. But this time, I KNEW I was a lioness, and that my King had my back, and that I would have the strength to carry on. 

What I really love about this? It is the lion's choice, who he makes a lioness, and he fights for her. Sometimes it is by a mighty roar, and other times it is by a battle. But she is CHOSEN and she is PROTECTED. 

No matter what you believe right now, if this virus is a conspiracy against us, or a political maneuver, or if it isn't as bad as they say it is.....none of that really matters at this point, does it? It's here. And it's bad. And I'm so thankful The Lion is on it. And that He is protecting us, and giving us the strength to fight back. 

We are a Pride of Lions. I love you, my Pride. 

Comments