WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITHOUT A HAIR STYLIST?

To be fair, I'm a "get my hair done twice a year" and "dye my hair at home" kind of gal. I've never had the $90 or so in my account to justify using a hairstylist. 

If you ask me one of the things I like about myself, I will answer, "my long hair." It isn't gorgeous, it is very dry, it has gray coming out in droves, it is curly, not that pretty kind of curly but that kind of curly that is really out of control and fuzzy. But when I take the time to do something with it, I love it. 

For three weeks, I didn't do squat! So a few days ago, I finally did my hair. No makeup yet, but hair? Yes ma'am! 
My daughters have deliciously beautiful hair. The oldest is a personal trainer and has thick, straight hair that she cuts sassy and short because most of her time used to be spent at the gym. My second oldest daughter is a natural blond who recently cut off what seems like two feet of long hair to sport a very gorgeous Marilyn Monroe look. My youngest daughter, she got the curls. :-) Being a Refit instructor means she gets to throw her hair around a lot. She too, is a natural blonde and has all of this curly, wonderful hair. All three of my daughters, however, are very dependent on their hairdressers to keep their locks lovely. 

I kind of have to chuckle. Not at them. At EVERYONE. How many of us depend on clippers at the barber shop, or highlights at the beauty salon? 

Yep, I care. I don't even go to the salon but depend on my visits to see my niece for my hair care, and she lives four hours away. 

Are we all getting pretty creative with sporting our authentic selves? Since you're home, why not try some fun styling suggestions rather than depending on someone else to make you beautiful.

Wait, why not try this? Try believing you're beautiful as you are?

Maybe it's time to own the skin you are born in, honor the year you were born in, and just be your best YOU. I'm not saying go ugly, or anything (I tried that for a few weeks....it was pretty bad!). And if you're sick, don't worry about it. Just get better. But if you're not? Maybe just do your best right from home. 

Hey, if you have a spouse, just be grateful that growing old together might mean watching each other get older during this time. Is that so bad? 

Why do we fight SO HARD against the clock? Hmmm? 

I am five months shy of turning 57 years old. AND I'M GONNA OWN IT. Sheez! I've earned it! 

You. Are. Gorgeous. Sexy. Strong. Incredible. Adaptable. Just the way you are. 

I love you! Be safe. Rock a mask when you go out. Hug your family and your spouses and your pets if you have to stay in. Send a note to the lonely ones who are enduring this without someone at their sides. And post your Covid-19 photos. Let us see the REAL YOU, because the real you? So phenomenal! 





Comments